Invisalign is a revolutionary orthodontic treatment that uses clear, removable aligners to straighten teeth without the need for traditional metal braces. It uses advanced 3D computer imaging technology to design a series of custom-made aligners that fit snugly over the teeth, gradually shifting them into the desired position. Invisalign has overtaken traditional metal braces as the most popular orthodontic treatment thanks to its nearly invisible appearance, ease of use, and short treatment times.
Are you interested in Invisalign or already in treatment? If so, you may wonder: Can Invisalign make your teeth whiter? Let’s take a look at the answer. But first, let’s take a look at Invisalign, how it works, and its benefits.
A Brief Look At Invisalign
Invisalign has a wide range of uses and benefits.
Uses of Invisalign
When worn correctly, Invisalign can treat a variety of mild to severe issues, including:
- Crooked teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Open Bite
The Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign has many benefits, including:
- Wearability for both children and adults
- A virtually invisible appearance
- Aesthetically pleasing results
- A removable design for normal brushing, flossing, eating, and drinking
- More affordability than traditional braces
- Fewer visits to the orthodontist
- Easy cleaning
- Increased speed and comfort compared to traditional braces
Is Invisalign Teeth Whitening Possible?
It’s clear that Invisalign offers many benefits to its wearers, but Invisalign alone does not whiten teeth.
However, you can still get your teeth whitened during Invisalign treatment with take-home whitening gel and laser whitening treatment.
Take-Home Whitening Gel
You can use Invisalign to do an at-home teeth whitening treatment by following a few simple steps:
- Clean your Invisalign aligner and allow it to dry completely.
- Apply a few small droplets of whitening gel to the front six teeth of the tray.
- Place the aligners on your teeth like normal and remove any excess gel that squeezes out.
- Wear them for about 15 minutes, or according to the instructions on your gel.
- Carefully remove the Invisalign aligners.
- Rinse your mouth and the aligners thoroughly.
Since the teeth are porous and absorb the whitening gel like a sponge, your teeth will get whiter underneath the aligners.
However, the attachments are made of a composite material that does not whiten. Therefore, it’s best to whiten under the supervision of your dentist.
Laser Whitening Treatment
We are proud to offer an advanced laser whitening treatment for our patients here at Hansen Orthodontics. Your orthodontist will apply a whitening gel to your teeth, then use a state-of-the-art light that activates the gel. The gel will begin whitening your teeth instantaneously. The procedure takes about an hour, allowing your teeth to get several shades lighter almost instantly.
You can get laser whitening treatment before, during, or after your Invisalign treatment. However, because Invisalign attachments don’t whiten, it may be best to whiten your teeth before or after treatment for a full-mouth makeover.
Get Straighter, Whiter Teeth With Your Las Vegas Orthodontist
Invisalign is an excellent option for anyone who wants straighter teeth. You can also use take-home whitening gel or get laser whitening treatment done before, during, or after your Invisalign treatment to enjoy a brighter smile.
Are you interested in whitening your teeth? Contact your Las Vegas Orthodontist Dr. Hansen today for a straighter, brighter smile!